Against the StormAgainst the Storm
Quickly Understood Controls
Build back from the storm that destroyed the world in this fantasy roguelite city builder. Lead humans, beavers, lizards, and harpies to reclaim the wilderness, unlock new technologies, and gather resources for civilization's last survivors.
Venture into the Royal Woodlands and build cities for the Scorched Queen in the Against the Storm Demo. Manage the population of resourceful beavers, lizards, and humans in the game's first biome. Play now and transfer your progress to the full version.
Against the Storm
Against the Storm is a roguelite city builder set in a vibrant fantasy world tormented by everlasting rain. You are the Scorched Queen’s Viceroy — a pioneer sent into the wilds to establish and manage new settlements inhabited by humans, beavers, lizards, and harpies. Every city you build will be different; every set of challenges set by the Queen will be unique.
Your goal is to survive long enough to gather the valuable resources necessary to rebuild and upgrade the Smoldering City. But the Blightstorm always comes back. Can you fulfill the Queen's demands before the rain destroys your city and the cycle starts again? Do you have what it takes to stand Against the Storm?
- Explore the wilderness, though beware of the dangers you might uncover.
- Manage labor, production, and even specific recipes for greater efficiency.
- Exploit resources to permanently upgrade the Smoldering City, even as the recurring Blightstorm reshapes the World Map.
- Construct an endless number of cities in an apocalyptic survival base-building game.
- Expand across 5 different biomes, each with unique gameplay mechanics, resource distributions, and hazards.
CITY BUILDER MEETS ROGUELITE
Experience core city builder gameplay enhanced by roguelite replayability. Build new settlements and collect valuable meta-progression resources to upgrade the Smoldering City. Recurring Blightstorms pose an inevitable threat to settlements, but they also reshape the world and open new opportunities for growth.
SETTLE DISTINCTIVE BIOMES
You are the Viceroy — the Scorched Queen’s trusted official sent to resettle uncharted wilds during the calm between Blightstorms. Gather precious materials and extend the frontiers of your civilization. Each city location you settle in the 5 biomes poses unique challenges and supplies different combinations of scarce resources. Optimize production networks and trade with your previously established settlements in a living world.
MANAGE A DIVERSE POPULATION OF VILLAGERS
Beavers and lizards stand alongside humans and harpies in the struggle to survive. Utilize each group’s strengths as you balance varying needs, from housing and culinary preferences to taste in luxuries and recreation. Manufacture raincoats, brew ale, and bake pies to boost morale in the face of the oppressive hostility of the forest.
NEVER THE SAME GAME TWICE
With hundreds of gameplay modifiers and 5 distinct biomes, every city location presents unique challenges for even the most resourceful Viceroy. Adjust your strategy to changing weather conditions and experiment with settlement “builds” — rosters of building blueprints and perks that can help your society thrive or bring it to ruins. Mix and match ingredients to take advantage of the resources at hand. You never know what wares the Trader will bring next year, and the forest holds treasures, resources… and ancient threats.
BUILD AN ENDLESS NUMBER OF CITIES
Laying the foundations for a new city is one of the most exciting moments in a city builder game. In Against the Storm, you’ll have the opportunity to repeatedly create new settlements, while still interacting and trading with previously established cities in a growing world. How efficient can you make each city before the storm falls… or the Queen's patience runs dry?
- Follow us on Discord (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Facebook (opens in a new window)
- Visit our Homepage (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Instagram (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Reddit (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Twitch (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Twitter (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Youtube (opens in a new window)
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
This game hasQuickly Understood Controls
This game isRelaxing
OSMicrosoft Windows 7/8
OSMicrosoft Windows 10
- Audio: English
- Text: English, Chinese - Simplified, French, German, Russian, Portuguese - Brazil, Spanish - Spain, Polish
@ 2022 Eremite Games. All rights reserved.