10-year old Jess accidentally gets everybody's favorite collectible card game banned in Dudsdale Elementary - even worse, it’s her first day! But when troubles arise and mutants from the game start to come to life, and it’s up to Jess and her friends to stop them.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!Be the first to get new information! Join the conversation and talk with other fans and the developers!
Make friends, play cards, twist the rules, become a Mega Mutant Power Pets master, and try to save the world in this single-player RPG about being a 90’s kid. On her first day at Dudsdale Elementary, 10-year old Jess accidentally gets everybody's favorite collectible card game banned, forcing the kids to take their card battles underground. Troubles arise when mutants from the game invade the real world, and it’s up to Jess and friends to stop them.
From the award-winning indie game studio, Gambrinous, creators of Guild of Dungeoneering, comes an RPG where battles are played with an epic collectible card game. Cardpocalypse takes you back to the 1990’s, a time when computers used floppy disks, and people read magazines for video game cheat codes. You will explore Dudsdale Elementary on a mission to build killer card decks in an effort to defeat the mutants. You will have to trade, earn, wager, change rules and permanently alter cards on your way to victory.
● BE A CHAMPION: Build your decks around the ultra rare Champion cards you earn. Each Champion comes with unique abilities to tailor your deck around. First player to get their opponent’s Champion card’s health to zero wins the match.
● GO MEGA: Champion cards evolve to their MEGA forms when their health halves, doing more attack damage and gaining new powers.
● CHANGE THE GAME: The kids sometimes use house rules and who knows what the Mutants will change. Throughout the game you will choose the new rules and conditions as well as renaming your favorite cards and giving them upgrades using stickers. Create entirely new cards using the Mega Mutant Power Magazine. But be careful, these decisions are permanent.
● GET SCRAPPY: Adventure throughout the school to unravel the strange occurances at Dudsdale Elementary. Take on quests to earn cards, stickers, and candy which you can collect and trade with your classmates. Careful, there’s no backsies!
● YOU CAN’T COLLECT ‘EM ALL: In the end, your decks and rules will be unique to you. Stickers are rare, choices matter, and sometimes you’ll have to make a tough decision to get the best cards.
● THE 1990’s: Through its totally rad, choice-driven, interactive narrative, Cardpocalypse delivers the experience of being a 90’s kid. Boo-ya!
● Now featuring Gauntlet Mode! A roguelike mode where every run is unique. Pick your champion and fight your way through ever more difficult battles. After every win draft new cards, rules and rewards for your deck! Can you build the ultimate combo and beat the Gauntlet?
Cardpocalypse DLC & Add-Ons
Cardpocalypse Ratings & Reviews
- 86%Critics Recommend
- 83Top Critic Average
- StrongOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
8 / 10
I love the fact that I could go back to it a few weeks later still understanding the mechanics of the game. I genuinely thought the gameplay all the way through to the mechanics were great. Not only that they really did make an amazing soundtrack.
by Dalton McClain
I highly recommend this game to any card game fan. The story is hefty, and may have some very bad pacing at the start, but the game is fun and well worth the price that it usually retails for.
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
Cardpocalypse System Requirements
ProcessorIntel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent
Memory4 GB RAM
GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 5000 or better
Storage500 MB available space
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified-Chinese, Traditional-Chinese, Korean, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Brazilian-Portuguese, Dutch
Cardpocalypse ® is a registered trademark of Gambrinous Limited LTD. Copyright © Gambrinous Limited LTD 2019 All Rights Reserved. Versus Evil® and the Versus Evil ® logo are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks or service marks of Versus Evil LLC. All other works, trademarks, and service marks appearing in this work are the property of their respective owners.