Great Boss Battles
DARKSIDERS: GENESIS gives players their first look at the world of DARKSIDERS before the events of the original game. Furthermore, it introduces the fourth and last horseman STRIFE, as well as Co-op gameplay for the first time in the history of the franchise.
About this game
From the dawn of creation, THE COUNCIL has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are THE HORSEMEN, Nephilim (powerful beings spawned from the unnatural union of angels and demons) who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim.
Still reeling from the events on Eden, WAR and STRIFE have been given a new assignment -- LUCIFER, the enigmatic and deceptive demon king, has been plotting to upset the Balance by granting power to master demons throughout Hell. War and Strife must hunt down these masters, gather information, and ultimately fight their way through a tangled, demonic conspiracy that threatens to forever upset the Balance and unravel all of creation.
DARKSIDERS: GENESIS is an action/adventure game that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of DARKSIDERS before the events of the original game. Furthermore, it introduces the fourth and last horseman STRIFE, as well as Co-op gameplay for the first time in the history of the franchise.
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
This game hasGreat Boss Battles
- 74%Critics Recommend
- 78Top Critic Average
- StrongOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Mitchell Saltzman
8.7 / 10
“Though it lacks polish, Darksiders Genesis is a rare spinoff that equals and sometimes surpasses its mainline brethren”
by Luke Kemp
81 / 100
“A great one-shot adventure or an enjoyable grindfest, depending on which you want.”
by Christian Donlan
“Another cheerfully apocalyptic outing for the Horsemen.”
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
OSWindows 7, 8, Windows 10 (64 bit)
OSWindows 7, 8, Windows 10 (64 bit)
ProcessorAMD FX-8320 (3.5 GHz) / Intel i5-4690K (3.5 GHz) or better
ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K (3.2 GHz)/AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 GHz) or better
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
OtherRequires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Requires Epic Games account
- Audio: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish - Spain, Japanese, Polish, Russian Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish - Spain, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese - Brazil, Russian, Chinese - Simplified
© 2019 THQ Nordic AB, Sweden. Developed by Airship Syndicate. Darksiders, THQ and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Nordic AB. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.