Dread Templar is a fast-paced retro FPS that combines 90s classic shooter elements with modern skill-based FPS controls. You are a Dread Templar who entered Hell seeking revenge. But in order to get it, you have to fight your way through the dark realm!
Become the scariest thing in hell and beyond, as you embark on your quest for vengeance in the intense, fast-paced campaign of Dread Templar, made by a solo developer over the course of 3 years. The game is reminiscent of classics from the 90s, but with a modern twist and gameplay depth on par with contemporary shooters.
Experiment with endless combinations of more than 100 different upgrades for a vast arsenal of badass weapons and powers to define your own playstyle. Scour every inch of the game’s 25+ enormous levels rife with hidden side areas, secret locations and puzzles to get all the possible unlocks.
Blast your way through hordes of diverse demonic and fiendish enemies and prevail in up to ten thrilling boss fights. Explore the many distinct, unique campaign environments: from the dark realm of hell to frozen pirate ships, all rendered in retro, but surprisingly detailed pixel-art graphics style, supercharged by a head-banging original soundtrack.
- Use FPS staples such as dashing and bullet time to conquer the brutal, fast-paced gameplay.
- Select a unique combination from 100+ skill and upgrade unlocks to create your own playstyle.
- Turn a varied roster of 20+ enemy types and 9 different bosses into a bloody mist with more than 10 weapons - from katana swords to firearms and infernal weapons!
- Explore 25+ vast levels and search them for 19 side areas, more than 170 secrets, and solve over 20 challenging puzzles to receive epic rewards.
- Enjoy the handmade retro art style - all elements of the game including weapons, enemies, and environments are created in a retro pixelated art style reminiscent of the 90s shooters. You can even select from 5 different filters to give the game a completely new look!
Dread Templar Ratings & Reviews
- 74%Critics Recommend
- 75Top Critic Average
- StrongOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Andrei Dumitrescu
8.5 / 10
Dread Templar is a fun first-person shooter that will appeal to anyone who enjoyed the classic titles in the genre or the recent 2016 Doom reboot. It delivers over-the-top violence and classic combat sequences but also introduces more modern ideas, like the ability to slow down time when swamped by a ton of opponents.
by Cody Medellin
8 / 10
Dread Templar is a good example of a solid boomer shooter. It's fast, the enemies are dumb yet formidable, and the level design begs for exploration. The upgrade system is quite nice but doesn't show off its capabilities until you get further into the game. Weapon types are fine until you get them really powered up. While some things are a bit unfair, with explosions reaching far beyond their intended range and enemies refusing to drop ammo, Dread Templar remains an adrenaline-pumping experience that you'll return to - as long as you aren't expecting anything revolutionary.
by Austin Suther
7.5 / 10
With a load of fun weapons to use and frontloaded with creative levels, Dread Templar is a game with a few flaws -- like its relatively repetitive final two acts -- but nothing that detracts from having an action-packed, bloody good time.
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
Dread Templar System Requirements
OS versionWindows 7 64 Bit
OS versionWindows 10 64 Bit
CPUCPU 2.5+ GHz
CPUCPU 3+ GHz
GPUNVidia GTX 560
GPUNVidia GTX 750 Ti
- Audio: English
- Text: English, German, French, Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Russian
© 2021 Fulqrum Publishing Ltd. Developed by T19 Games. All rights reserved.