Inclusive Character Customization
Determine the destiny of Rome as you conquer foreign lands and navigate political intrigue in this turn-based RPG. Directly fight with your party of Praetorians, guide your legion to victory, and choose your own path in a story where every decision matters.
The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?
Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respect, and to fear.
In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.
- Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy
- Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield
- Adventure with 5 unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities
- Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself
- Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching
- Level-up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options
- Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character
- Lead your legion on 3 extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory
Expeditions: Rome DLC & Add-Ons
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
This game has InclusiveCharacter Customization
Expeditions: Rome Ratings & Reviews
- 74%Critics Recommend
- 81Top Critic Average
- StrongOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Leana Hafer
8 / 10
Expeditions: Rome deserves a Roman triumph as one of the most impressive tactical RPGs of the last several years, despite occasionally bending under the weight of too many systems.
by Chris Wray
8.5 / 10
Expeditions: Rome is a surprisingly detailed tactical RPG that takes you through three huge theatres of the Roman republic on a personal quest for revenge or triumph. This story is what you make of it, packed full of meaningful decisions that influence many aspects of the game. Adding to this story is a robust character development system that feeds into the excellent combat, with multiple side-missions to develop both characters equipment and stories, as well as your war camp. The game feels like it could become dull, but never reached that point and is one well worth it for any RPG fan.
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
Expeditions: Rome System Requirements
OSWindows 7, 10 (64-bit)
OSWindows 10 (64-bit)
ProcessorAMD FX-8350 X8 / Intel i5-4690K
ProcessorRyzen 5 3600X / Intel Core i5-9500F
GraphicsAMD R9 380 4GB / GTX 960 4GB
GraphicsAMD RX Vega 56 8GB / GTX 1070 8GB
Login Accounts Required
- AUDIO: English, German
- TEXT: English, German, French, Chinese - Simplified, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish - Spain
© 2021 THQ Nordic AB, Sweden. Developed by Logic Artists. Expeditions, THQ and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Nordic AB. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.