Galactic Civilizations IVGalactic Civilizations IV
As the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization, you must seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm. There are thousands of worlds to colonize and dozens of civilizations - both old and new - to encounter.
Galactic Civilizations IV
Warfare. Planetary Conquest. Cultural Domination. Political Alliances. Technological Supremacy. How will you achieve victory?
Galactic Civilizations IV is a space-based 4X strategy game set in the 24th century. Humans have discovered faster-than-light travel, and aliens compete with humanity for dominion of the galaxy.
You begin the game with only your home planet and must research new technologies, explore the known galaxy, and colonize new worlds while keeping your people at home happy. At the same time, you will engage in trade, diplomacy, intrigue and war with other alien civilizations.
Galactic Civilizations IV builds on the successes of all its predecessors and adds so much more to the game. You will appoint leaders, explore star sectors, and enjoy a brand-new combat and invasion system. More in-depth research options, story driven missions, and a new 4-axis ideology system will fully immerse you into your role as a galactic leader.
Lead your civilization to prosperity and answer the age-old question: How Will You Rule Your Galaxy?
- Explore the galaxy. Seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm.
- Meet new civilizations. The universe is teeming with civilizations both advanced and primitive. Set opponents' difficulty and technological advancement.
- Colonize new worlds. Thousands of worlds to colonize, most awful but all colonizable…if you dare.
- Discover new technologies. Invent new technologies, some are easier than others for your species to grasp.
- Recruit and mentor citizens. Each citizen is unique with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Shape your government. Determine which citizens to place in positions of power and what planets you wish to see governed while taking care not to be defeated in a coup.
- Choose your destiny. Choose the type of civilization you want to be through your actions and choices.
- Adventure awaits you. The galaxy has a rich, ancient history that you will discover through missions and events.
- Challenge your friends in multiplayer. Engage in tense 1v1 stand-offs in Arena mode, pivot your playstyle to take on new challenges and achieve ever-changing goals in Agenda mode.
- Follow us on Discord (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Facebook (opens in a new window)
- Visit our Homepage (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Instagram (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Reddit (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Twitch (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Twitter (opens in a new window)
- Follow us on Youtube (opens in a new window)
- 55%Critics Recommend
- 72Top Critic Average
- FairOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Jason Rodriguez
7 / 10
“Despite having some interesting concepts and refreshing mechanics, Galactic Civilizations IV suffers from an unintuitive UI, lack of tooltip information, and production queue bugs.”
by Cosmin Vasile
8.5 / 10
“Galactic Civilizations IV has a solid foundation, in terms of mechanics and presentation, but needs to add polish. I like the wide-ranging customization offered at the start of a campaign and how the early game moves. But the experience needs more excitement for the middle game and extra variety in terms of events and challenges.”
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
OSWindows 10 64-bit
OSWindows 10 / 11 64-bit
Graphics1 GB Video Card
Graphics1 GB Video Card
Other1920x1080 minimum screen resolution required.
- Audio: English
- Text: English
© Stardock Entertainment. Galactic Civilizations is a registered trademark of Stardock Entertainment. All rights reserved.