Why Early Access?
We want to use Early Access to gather feedback from the community early in the development and with their help, shape the game to its best possible form before the full release.
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
Our current plan is to leave Early Access in Spring 2022. We want to use this time to carefully listen to the players and properly implement all the features that we have in our Early Access plan. We will do our best to stick to the schedule as much as we can, but in case we might need some additional time, we will make sure to inform our community in advance about any changes.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
Below is a list of the main features that we are planning to implement during the Early Access period:
- The ruling family will live in the village and interact with the environment. A player will be building a manor for the ruling family.
- Weather will be simulated including temperature, wind, and weather effects such as rain, storm, or snow.
- Wild animals and the hunter profession.
- Villagers will form relationships.
- Noble families will join the settlement and play a significantly different role.
- Clergy will occupy parts of the land and provide services for spiritual needs.
- A player will be able to train the military and deploy guards.
- Villagers will be able to commit criminal acts and be punished for them.
- Random events (NPCs randomly perform specific scenarios that players must react to).
- Politics – player will have to earn reputation and favors with noble families and the clergy and appoint offices for important positions.
- Mod-friendly support.
Plans and scope might change based on community feedback.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
All the core mechanics are implemented according to the about section below with a few key differences:
- Villagers AI is more limited, does not disobey orders, has an only limited set of needs, and does not simulate relationships between villagers
- The production chain and types of zones and professions are only partially implemented and contain about 20 zones and 70 resources.
- The effects of winter and other weather conditions are currently only visual and do not affect gameplay
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
The price during Early access is reduced in order to give the early players a chance to contribute to the development. We plan to increase the price approximately a month before the end of the Early Access. Before this happens, we are going to notify everyone through our forums and our online communities so we will give the chance to the players who want to get the game while it’s still in its original Early Access price.
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
We plan to release updates every one or two months to gather feedback and communicate with our players directly via discord and other social media. We are also planning to schedule several playtesting sessions. At the same time. we are monitoring the comments and talking to the community about new ideas and plans for future updates. Players are also encouraged to mod the game, share their content, and provide suggestions that can alter the development plans.