Phoenix Point: Year One EditionPhoenix Point: Year One Edition
The acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM. Fight tactical battles on procedural maps, against a foe that adapts to your tactics. Manage diplomacy and economy on a global scale. Research, explore, overcome. Includes all previously released DLC.
Phoenix Point puts players in the midst of a desperate fight to take back the Earth from a mutating, alien menace. Featuring turn-based tactical combat on procedurally generated maps, and resource management on a global scale, Phoenix Point offers endless replayability and a brutal challenge.
Following a global environmental disaster, the Pandoravirus appeared and began reshaping creatures, including humans, into hideous mutants. Unable to stop the progress of the virus, much of human civilization was wiped out -- only small enclaves remain, separated by their principles and the vast landscape. The Phoenix Project, an ancient failsafe against global catastrophe is the only hope to unite mankind and take back the planet.
Lead the Phoenix Project from its base at Phoenix Point. Research and develop new technologies and techniques, plan operations, build alliances to unite the planet-- or simply destroy your rivals. It's up to you to save the planet and rebuild civilization, but there may be much more to the alien threat than meets the eye.
- Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an ever-changing alien threat that adapts to your tactics and offers no respite even as your team becomes more powerful and technologically advanced.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Pandoravirus: Phoenix Point features a complex narrative, with multiple endings that the player can only uncover via multiple playthroughs. Discover a secret history, as you learn about the origins of the mutants, the Pandoravirus, and Phoenix Point itself through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: The Phoenix Project is not the only organization trying to reclaim the Earth. The militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion all offer unique rewards for co-operation and threats for opposition. It is up to you to decide how, or even if, to deal with them.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield: In addition to equipping and commanding units, Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier's shots in combat, with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weakspots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for center mass.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree: Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Keeping the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.
- Tons of Content:
3 DLC Packs (Blood & Titanium DLC, Legacy of the Ancients DLC, and the Living Weapons Pack), all digital goodies, and a slew of updates, upgrades, and new content suggested by our community.
- Mutating Alien Menace:
Face down an ever-changing threat that adapts to your tactics as you play.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield:
Take control of your soldiers in combat, with an FPS-style free-aiming system. Target enemy weak spots, or just go for center mass.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree:
Designed by the creator of X-COM.
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
This game has InclusiveCharacter Customization
This game isHighly Recommended
This game hasAmazing Storytelling
This game hasChallenging Combat
This game isExtremely Fun
This game hasDiverse Characters
- 47%Critics Recommend
- 72Top Critic Average
- FairOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
OSWin 10, 8 and 7 SP1+ (64 bit)
OSWin 10, 8 and 7 SP1+ (64 bit)
ProcesserIntel Core i3 / AMD Phenom II X3
ProcesserIntel Core i5 3GHz / AMD FX series 3.2GHz
Memory8 GB RAM
Memory16 GB RAM
GraphicsNvidiaGeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon R9 270
GraphicsNvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon R9 390X
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Simplified Chinese, and Russian
© 2019 Snapshot. All rights reserved.