Retro Commander is a post-apocalyptic real-time strategy wargame (RTS). Take command and fight it out in a world where a cataclysmic timeline has transpired on Mother Earth. Wage wars solo, against the AI, or take on your gaming comrades and friends.
Retro Commander is a post-apocalyptic real-time strategy wargame (RTS).
Retro Commander is a post-apocalyptic real-time strategy wargame (RTS). Take command and fight it out in a world where a cataclysmic timeline has transpired on Mother Earth. Wage wars solo, against the AI, or take on your gaming comrades and friends in cross-platform multiplayer matches. Form teams and clans and fight co-op style with the AI and other players for ultimate victory.
As opposed to other real-time strategy game, Retro Commander tries to focus on both, a fun single player and a thrilling multiplayer experience. The game strives to be easy to learn with a modern user interface. Single player comes with skirmish matches against the AI as well as a comic-based story campaign. Multiplayer can be played cross-platform and includes a ranking and rating system.
- Post-Apocalyptic: Real-time strategy (RTS) played in a post-apocalyptic timeline on Mother Earth. The environment includes day-night cycles, rain, snow, wind and solar flare activity.
- Story Campaign: Deep campaign and story line of humanity after a cataclysmic event. Factions come with their own specialized technologies such as stealth, robots, drones or shields.
- Single & Multiplayer: A challenging AI for both single and multiplayer matches with co-op play. Cross-platform multiplayer including LAN/internet. ONLINE play comes with an award and rating system.
- Play Modes: In addition to regular skirmish matches, the game supports missions such as elimination, survival, capture the flag, defense and battle royale. Available in both single and multiplayer also are escort and rescue missions.
- Structures & Troops: Common troops for land, sea and air warfare is available to all factions. Specialized elements such as stealth, shields, EMP weapons, nukes, portals, orbital weapons, assimilator and other troops and structures provide for additional variety.
- Research: A tech tree and research options enable to build specialized structures and troops. A Tech Snatcher can be used to steal enemy technology.
- Modding: A map editor is included allowing for player-modded maps including player-modded campaigns. All elements including troops, structures, as well as graphics and sound effects, can be modded if desired.
Although some troops are shared, the game is trying not to be a generic RTS-games. There are faction-specific technologies each with their strengths and weaknesses.
- GRA Technology: gives access to stealth and cloaking. Included are cloaked agents and spies as well as bombers with EMP and nuclear weapons.
- ELC Technology: provides robots, airships and robo dogs. Available also are a mechanic and heavy airlift. Can build stationary EMP-field generators.
- IDB Technology: provides hovertanks, drones including EMP-field drones and drones equipped with napalm weapons. Can build fusion generators for power.
- Mayan Technology: consists of decoy capabilities. Included are hologram tanks, transformers, dogs and dolphins. Can build portals.
- Ancient Technology: provides shields, EMP soldiers, assimilators and napalm tanks. Can build matter fabricators.
Built a Portal
1. Campaign Completed
2. Campaign Completed
Retro Commander System Requirements
OS versionWindows 10+
OS versionWindows 10
GPUIntel HD Graphics 3000
GPUIntel HD Graphics 3000+
Login Accounts Required
- Audio: English
- Text: English
Copyright 2024 Noble Master LLC