RPG in a BoxRPG in a Box
Bring your stories and ideas to life! RPG in a Box is an accessible game creation tool for making games and other interactive experiences in a fun and simple way.
RPG in a Box
RPG in a Box lets you easily turn your stories and ideas into games and other interactive experiences! As its name suggests, it contains everything necessary for doing so, all packaged together "in a box". The software is designed with a fun, beginner-friendly approach in mind as to not require any programming or modelling knowledge, while still providing a wide range of customization and openness. You can export your game to a standalone format for Windows, Linux, and MacOS, allowing others to play it without needing to own RPG in a Box!
Build tiles, objects, and characters from 3D pixel blocks (i.e. voxels) and easily animate them with the editor's frame-based, stop-motion animation system. Importing from MagicaVoxel (.vox), Qubicle (.qb) and PNG files is also supported.
Create grid-based worlds with the tiles you've built, then bring them to life by adding interactive NPCs and objects using the editor's intuitive navigation and interaction system.
Set up and trigger in-game events with the visual, node-based script editor. Simply drag and drop the desired actions (no programming knowledge required), or manually code "quick scripts" using Bauxite, the custom, Lua-like scripting language.
Choose from three available camera presets (standard, isometric, and first-person) or tweak the settings to create a custom camera. Stage dynamic cutscenes for your game using the engine’s flexible camera scripting system.
Choose from tactical turn-based, real-time, or menu-driven turn-based combat, with more options and customization to come in future updates.
- Dialogue: Write conversations for your NPCs using a visual, flowchart approach. Branching dialogue is supported via player choices and condition checking.
- UI Editor: Design themes and customize the appearance of elements like dialogue boxes and the main menu. The powerful widget system allows you to easily create unique mechanics for your game.
- Item Editor: Define items for the player to find in containers or earn through the completion of tasks. Attach scripts to trigger effects for potions and other consumable items.
- Sound FX Generator: Generate fun, retro-style sound effects.
OSWindows 7 (64-Bit)
OSWindows 10 (64-Bit)
GraphicsSupport for OpenGL 3.3
- Audio: English, Text: English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish - Spain, Portuguese - Brazil, Russian, Dutch, Chinese - Simplified
Copyright © 2015-2022 Justin Arnold