The Talos Principle
The Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction. Made by Croteam and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).
About The Talos Principle
As if awakening from a deep sleep, you find yourself in a strange, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology. Tasked by your creator with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles, you must decide whether to have faith or to ask the difficult questions: Who are you? What is your purpose? And what are you going to do about it?
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, manipulate laser beams, and even replicate time to prove your worth - or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology, and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game's non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences, and somebody's always watching you.
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
The Talos Principle Ratings & Reviews
- 89%Critics Recommend
- 87Top Critic Average
- MightyOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Leif Johnson
8.3 / 10
Much like Portal, The Talos Principle makes you feel smart just by playing it, as the bulk of the puzzles hit that sweet spot between too easy and near-impossible.
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
The Talos Principle System Requirements
OSWindows 7 64-bit
CPUDual-core 2.0 GHz
CPUQuad-core 3.0 GHz
GPU2 GB RAM
GPU4 GB RAM
DirectX DirectX 11 class GPU with 1GB VRAM (nVidia GeForce 480 GTX, AMD Radeon HD 5870)
Storage5 GB available space
Storage8 GB available space
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), Russian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Text: Czech
© Croteam 2019