Anodyne 2: Return To DustAnodyne 2: Return To Dust
Run, jump, and drive across vast, dreamy 3D landscapes. Shrink into surreal, 2D dungeons inside of characters' bodies. Travel the world, meet strange people, and save the world from the dangerous Nano Dust.
Rescue A Mysterious Island From A Mind-Warping Plague
Nano Dust infects the islanders of New Theland, distorting their emotions and desires. You play as Nova, a Nano Cleaner who must explore the island, seeking out the sick and shrinking inside their bodies to suction up the Dust.
Experience the scale of 3D games with the easy-to-pick-up satisfaction of 2D Zelda-likes. With art that re-imagines the PS1 era, explore 3D cities and valleys, then shrink into the 2D mindscapes of characters, from snowy valleys to perilous construction sites!
- In 3D, jump, drive, and walk across gorgeous and haunting locales, speaking with strange and memorable characters. In 2D, use your Nano Vacuum to collect dust, suck up and fight enemies, and overcome challenges related to the characters’ inner lives.
- Experience the thrilling and emotional story of Nova. Her destiny is clear: she is the Nano Cleaner who will save New Theland. But strange characters & painful experiences will put her loyalty to the test...
- Choose where you want to go! The sweeping vistas of New Theland quickly open up to exploration. The Cards you find on your journey will allow you to access the outer reaches of New Theland.
- No waiting for horses! Instantly transform into a car to quickly drive around the world. Use your Spark to shrink into the bodies of the infected, explore the 2D Zelda-like dungeons within, and heal them.
- Enjoy the lush, dreamy and breathtaking 3D and 2D landscapes painted and pixeled by artist Marina Kittaka. Listen to over 50 new songs influenced by countless genres by Melos Han-Tani, perfectly fitting the varied landscapes of Anodyne 2.
A new game from the dream duo behind Anodyne 1, All Our Asias, and Even the Ocean.
A Lush, Surreal Lo-fi 3D and 2D World.
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust uses modern technology to reimagine 3D art of the PS1, PS2, and N64 era, as well as the 2D art of the GBA and SNES. If you like exploring beautiful places and dramatic stories - Anodyne 2's world is ready for you to explore!
Do I need to play Anodyne 1?
Nope! Similar to the Final Fantasy franchise, there's no need to play the original Anodyne to understand the story in Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, but longtime fans will find connections between the two!
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
- 69%Critics Recommend
- 72Top Critic Average
- FairOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Ryan Pearson
8 / 10
“Anodyne 2: Return to Dust is a testament that indies can go where AAA fears to tread. A unique concept supported by strong gameplay that evolves frequently enough to keep you playing- right until it ends all too soon. At the bottom of it all, there is nothing quite like it. ”
by David Flynn
100 / 100
“Anodyne 2: Return to Dust is a work of art you absolutely must play. It's heartfelt and personal, with tons of fun puzzles to solve and locations to explore.”
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
CPUDual-core 2.5 GHz
CPUDual-core 2.8 GHz
GPUGeForce 610M or Equivalent
OtherGame is not GPU-intensive. Game features quality options.
- English, Chinese - Simplified, Portuguese - Brazil, Spanish - Latin America, Spanish - Spain, German, French
Anodyne 2 does not collect information from its players.