Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's LegacyUnexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
This is an Early Access Game
Early Access games are still under development and may change significantly over time. As a result, you may experience unforeseen issues or completely new gameplay elements while playing this game.
You can play now to experience the game while it's being built or wait until it offers a more complete experience.
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
Procedural roguelite RPG in a vast world
As the titular Wayfarer you take on the quest to destroy the Staff of Yendor, for which you’ll have to traverse your world. Along the way you’ll meet tribes, encounter magical creatures and explore ancient ruins to discover mythical weapons and historic items.
A word from our Game Director
-- Joris Dormans, Game Director of Unexplored 2
When you die…
However, you can choose to continue your adventures with a new character in the same world, a few years later. Your new character will witness the result of the choices your previous adventurer made. You can leave items in a safe spot, ready for your next Wayfarer to pick up and use.
The world ends
So, make sure you are prepared well and know everything there is to know about the last and most dangerous part of your adventure.
When you fail, that world vanishes. The only thing left to do is to generate a whole new world with its own history, and begin the quest anew.
- Radical content generation: Ludomotion's radical approach to content generation creates many layers of unique content, every time a new world is generated.
- Generative storytelling: Though every Wayfarer's ultimate goal may be similar, every hero will have their own world, story, and encounters.
- Systemic depth: The game features many systems and you will discover something new every time you play, even after hundreds of hours of gameplay.
- Legacy system: Actions of your past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give your successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest.
- Permadeath in a persistent world: When your hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new Wayfarer. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely unexplored world.
- Unique presentation: The worlds in Unexplored 2 are presented in a unique and beautiful art style, beyond what is conventionally expected from a generative game. A stylish lighting system sets the mood and adapts to the time of day and local weather conditions.
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: Your adventure is accompanied by an orchestral, original soundtrack which reacts to the action and decisions you make as a player.