Way of the Hunter
Recommend this Game
Quickly Understand the Controls
Become the new owner of a hunting lodge nestled among gorgeous habitats and rich animal populations. Explore vast open world environments and hunt with a premium selection of firearms. Enjoy the perfect hunt on your own or with friends in co-op.
Way of the Hunter
This authentic hunting experience lets you explore and hunt in large open-world environments in the USA and Europe. Discover true to life animals in beautiful natural habitats and handle various detailed and highly realistic weapons.
Way of the Hunter provides a highly immersive, completely integrated experience amongst stunning wildlife with true to live animal group behavior. Witness the changing of complex ecosystems that react and adapt to your input. Learn what it means to be a true hunter and put your skills to the test.
Face the challenges of ethical hunting, supported by a compelling story, or simply enjoy hunting the rich environments freely.
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behavior models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Hunt your way through two unique and rich locations by car or by foot. Both the Pacific Northwest and Transylvania cover a terrain of 144 square km/55 square miles each
- Use Hunter Sense to highlight important details and info, or disable it and customize your HUD for a hardcore experience
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- 24-hour day/night cycle with changing wind and weather
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- A broad selection of firearms and equipment, including licensed gear from Bushnell, Federal, Leupold, Primos, Remington and Steyr Arms
- An in-game economy that lets you hunt game and sell the meat to purchase new gear, hunting passes, and taxidermy for your trophy stands
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Intuitive photo mode for capturing and sharing your favorite moments
Way of the Hunter Editions
Way of the Hunter DLC & Add-Ons
Epic Player Ratings
Captured from players in the Epic Games ecosystem.
This game isHighly Recommended
This game hasQuickly Understood Controls
This game isRelaxing
This game isExtremely Fun
This game hasAmazing Storytelling
This game hasAmazing Characters
Way of the Hunter Ratings & Reviews
- 37%Critics Recommend
- 64Top Critic Average
- WeakOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Eric Hauter
7 / 10
Crushingly difficult. Glacially paced. Graphically challenged. And yet there is something hypnotic and impressive about the scope of Way of the Hunter and it's devotion to maintaining a realistic hunting experience, for better or for worse. Go into this one expecting realism - and I mean real-life, semi-boring realism - and you will be in the right frame of mind.
by Bill Lavoy
6 / 10
Way of the Hunter is a game that I should love, and despite the plethora of problems, there are fantastic ideas here and a world that could be incredible if it’s given a lot more attention from Nine Rocks Games. However, it’s not there yet. It’s not even close to where it needs to be, and I’m not talking about the amount of content on offer. There is more than enough game to play here. What holds Way of the Hunter back is that most of it doesn’t feel fully realized or polished. Performance is an issue, bugs are an issue, accessibility is an issue and, in many cases, the quality of the game’s systems are an issue. While I suspect things will improve over time, Way of the Hunter is a long way from where my expectations lie.
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
Way of the Hunter System Requirements
OS64bit OS - Windows 10
OS64bit OS - Windows 10
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3 3100 / Intel Core i3-8100
ProcessorIntel i7 quad-core
GraphicsGeForce GTX 960 / Radeon R9 380
GraphicsNVidia GTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM
- Audio: English
- Text: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish - Spain, Arabic, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Japanese, Polish, Turkish, Russian, Czech
Way of the Hunter © 2022 THQ Nordic AB, Sweden. Developed by Nine Rocks Games, published by THQ Nordic GmbH, Austria. All other brands, product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.